Artivism for Solidarity, Inclusion and Creativity
Artivism for Social Peace is a project to increase the awareness of young people to make them change makers to address the social issues that the society faces today. During the development of this project, we have inspired from the another project that we are already running under the Strategic Partnership Covid-Call as ARTivistic : Artistic Approaches to Solidarity, Inclusion and Creativity in Europe. Our project wants to effectuate a change by increasing awareness of young people on the social issues by using art tools and divergent thinking methodology during its process. During the youth exchange we will touch upon the following topics explained below :
- Social Peace: EU is considered as a peace project, although the relevant challenges such as Covid-19 and the populist governments which are promoting nationalism and national values are dangering this peace by marginalizing the minorities, refugees, and culturally distinctive groups.
- Poverty: As World Bank states, global extreme poverty will rise at the end of 2020, after 20 years of decline. Thus, creating awareness on the very issue has huge importance.
- Unemployment: Even unemployment was a previous problem, it becomes more crucial due to the Covid-19 crisis and the worsening economy came with it in Europe.
- Domestic Violence: According to UN Women, domestic violence cases are intensiﬁed due to the circumstances that came with the Covid-19 and increased during the quarantine period.
We have choose the name as Artivism for Solidarity, Inclusion and Creativity, as an umbrella theme to address the issues derived from the Covid-19 pandemic. Thus, we want to use the tool of art to address those issues in an indirect way, by creating awareness on the young people through the artistic tools. Young people are the most affected group from poverty, unemployment, and domestic violence is the young people due to their precarious situation. The main aim of the project is to increase awareness by addressing the cross-cutting issues such as social peace, poverty, unemployment, domestic violence raised during the Covid-19 through art and creativity. The project directly works with young people who are involved in art. The youth exchange activity will increase the skills and knowledge of the youth workers working in the ﬁeld of art and qualify them to work with young people in their own communities.
The speciﬁc objectives of the project:
- To develop awareness on young people with the tools of art and divergent thinking methodology and make them change-makers within their communities to create awareness
- To create an awareness about the issues preventing social peace in EU among the young people
- To create an awareness among young people about the issues of EU during the Covid-19
- To mainstream the usage of art as a tool of expression among young people
- To qualify young people as Artivists who are aware and able to act towards to social issues for solidarity and inclusion in Europe
Date: 3-11 July, 2022
Venue: Alcalá la Real, Granada, Spain
Participating countries: Serbia, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Bulgaria and Hungary.
If you are interested to participate our projects, join our Facebook group!